Tuesday 23 April 2019

The Talented Mrs Stylus

And in case you were wondering how close the wire my WoffBoot XIII army is getting, I've had to outsource the painting!

Space Wolves Primaris Intercessor
"The big hand says: you need to paint another Troops choice."

And so here is the squad Mrs Stylus painted.

Given that it was my good lady's choice of marine chapter that set in motion this whole detour to the frozen fields of Fenris, I offered her the chance to add four more models and complete a whole squad.

That was last September.

So this is how it feels when I never get around to putting up shelves.

Space Wolves Primaris IntercessorSpace Wolves Primaris Intercessor

Anyway, after a judicious application of nagging, the squad was finally finished this week. And it's a cracker. Very little, in fact, to distinguish it from my own painting, and I've been doing this for the best part of thirty years.

All the base models are from the easy-to-build Intercessor set (and I don't care what anyone says, it's a fantastic anniversary present), but I mixed up the poses with the spare arms from the full Intercessor kit, so they hardly look monopose.

Space Wolves Primaris IntercessorSpace Wolves Primaris Intercessor

They will make a much-needed addition to my army, since I can now field a battalion. And I also think their bolt rifles are nudging ahead as the best option, with the Bolter Discipline beta rule in effect.
  • Armour: The Fang base, Agrax Earthshade wash, Russ Grey drybrush, Fenrisian Grey drybrush
  • Yellow pauldron: Averland Sunset base, Cassandora Yellow wash, Yriel Yellow drybrush
  • Red pauldron: Mephiston Red base, Agrax Earthshade wash, Evil Sunz Scarlet drybrush
  • Imperial Aquila: Retributor Armour base, Reikland Flashshade wash, Golden Griffon drybrush
  • Belt buckle, helmet coils and gun parts: Ironbreaker base, Nuln Oil wash
  • Gun frame: Chaos Black
  • Eye Lens: Evil Sunz Scarlet
  • Belts and holsters: XV-88 base, Agrax Earthshade wash
  • Talismans and bolter shells: Hashut Copper, Agrax Earthshade wash
  • Pouches: Dryad Bark
  • Base: Vajello Earth Texture, Agrax Earthshade wash, Mounfang Brown lip

Space Wolves Primaris Intercessors

And so a very big thankyou to the missus - although these are technically her models, and I will be borrowing them for the tournament.

Only the characters to complete now ... by Wednesday (didn't think this through, did I?)

6 comments:

  1. Good heavens! Very good work.

    I also off my wife the chance to do some painting last September (something she's actually very good at as a prop maker and diy expert). She's still laughing now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking very nice! I'd actually gladly trade tasks due by Wednesday with you, since painting up some characters seems much easier to me than getting all this lot packed up for the movers! ;)

    For the first one, I was thinking "Talk to the hand. Wrist. Whatever." XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure we'll manage it just fine, but right now, I'm kind of feeling like I need a week's worth of sleep, and I need it yesterday.

      Delete
  3. Mrs Stylus paints better than I do! And she has delivered a finished work, which is more than some commission painters can say... has she ever thought of a career change? The paint brush is calling.

    Fab work Mrs S! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next challenge is to convince Mrs S to play a game with them...

      Delete