Friday 12 April 2019

Clearing the Blacklog


Just a couple of weeks until the annual Woffboot Tourney. Which means I've got two weeks to concentrate on formulating a winning list, which means no distractions. Which means clear the leadpile.


Yes, for the first time ever, I have nothing left to paint! Everything is done. Okay, there might be a broken Heroquest Ork somewhere in the bitz box, or a stray Reaper beetle down the back of the sofa, or something like that. But in terms of actual things I've bought and intend to paint, I have zero.

This is a nice feeling.


To celebrate, I finished off these last five with a little extra flourish. Been a while since I did any Chaos God colours, so why not have a little quadrilogy of core gods? One each for the Blackstone Beastmen, who are cracking sculpts. Not content with all the duplicate weapons, I did a bit of clipping and swapping, so they've got spare Goliath and Escher guns here and there, and maybe a Raptor chainsword.


And the very last one to be done was the Kroot hunter, cosplaying here as K'lint Eats'woo, the infamous Kroot with Scarcely Any Name.


Aw nuts - serves me right for bragging. I forgot to paint in the black gun barrel ends, I just spotted it in the photos. Right, back to the desk.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Getting the leadpile* down to zero is a very impressive accomplishment.

    Those Beastmen look great. Very cool idea to theme them each to one of the Chaos Gods. I particularly like the Goliath hammer on the Khorne one. And the freehand on the Kroot with Scarcely Any Name** is really impressive!

    *There's gotta be a better name given that it's all plastic and resin these days.
    **Have you ever watched Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated? There are a couple of episodes featuring an H.P. Lovecraft expy whose main story is Char-Gar Gothakon, The Beast That Hath No Name, which becomes a running gag as everyone immediately reacts with "But you just named it in the title!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scooby is always on my 'to watch' list, I loved that show in its various guises when I was younger.

      The sensible thing to do now is obviously run and buy shit. Luckily, I'm not sensible.

      Delete
    2. Mystery Incorporated is the best incarnation of it in ages. Be Cool, Scooby Doo, the latest version, was also pretty good, and really reminded me of the very first season from '69.

      Delete