Wednesday 17 April 2019

Mr Jelly


Okay, I'm an idiot.


There was nothing in my leadpile! So I had to go and buy something to paint.

Of all the nonsense impulse gaming buys I've ever made, this is definitely the worst. Totally pointless, almost certainly never going to be used and very silly. But somehow, it found the soft spot in my heart and oozed on in.


Made by Wizkids as part of their DnD Nolzur's Marvellous Miniatures Range, this is one of the Deep Cuts Unpainted models. It's a Gelatinous Cube, obviously, what else could it possibly be? And it comes with the paintable bits primed and ready to go, so it took me about twenty minutes to finish. It's just the bones and weapons inside the creature that need doing, of course.

(The range is really good, by the way, the models have lots of nice details. The best touch is that a lot of them have spell effects made in translucent plastic, so you can do interesting shading effects or even use tiny lights to make them flash and glow. Not expensive as models go, and being ready primed for painting is pretty sweet.)

Now, even if I didn't have a weakness for the more ridiculous monsters from original DnD, this model does come with a bit of functionality that appeals to my wicked GM. The inner ring, the paintable bit, pops out, you see.


And that means you can do this...


...and then you can do this, and snigger at the player who's wandered into the nearly-invisible acid slime beast. Hee hee.


Now to go home and grow up.

2 comments:

  1. This is the coolest thing ever. I am gelatinous with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, damn! That is awesome! I've seen some of the Deep Cuts Models, and they do really cool stuff with the translucent plastic, but I think this is the best of them.

    ReplyDelete