Saturday 29 September 2018

Every Dog Has Its Day

After a mere decade, Mrs Stylus took an interest in painting a Space Marine.

I showed her a catalogue of chapters for inspiration.

Me: "You can paint them any colour you like."

"What are these grey ones with the red and yellow shoulders? They look nice."

Me: "Any colour. You don't have to choose now. Any colour you like."

"I like those grey ones with the wolf icons. I'll paint them."

Me (throwing my pot of The Fang out of the window): "I'm not sure I've got any grey paint. Oh, look at this lovely yellow!"

Space Wolves Primaris Intercessor


I don't know how I'm going to explain this to my Thousand Sons...

5 comments:

  1. Ha! The wrath of the Wolf is upon you, sorcerous traitors!

    Looks way better than the first minis I painted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to advise that painting a miniature required a smooth application of paint that didn't go over the edges.
      Apparently that's the same as putting on nail varnish, so that's me told.

      Delete
    2. I'd never made that connection, but it makes sense. Minis are even arguably easier, because you don't have to do half of it with your off hand, and acrylic paints dry way faster than nail polish does.

      Delete
  2. Nice job!

    So this means your wife has painted more space Marines than you, correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife has painted more, my son has painted more, my nephew has painted more.

      I'm holding down the Eye of Terror by myself here!

      Delete