Tuesday 26 July 2022

Warming The Pegs In A Store Near You

Adding more Evil Warriors to Tzeletor's army!

Skeletor and his Evil Warriors as Warhammer 40k Chaos Space Marines

And since all the famous ones have been done already, I was left with the figures that, back in the day, may have lingered on the peg a little longer.

Skeletor and his Evil Warriors as Warhammer 40k Chaos Space Marines

First up: Whiplash! This Chaos Spawn served me well in his first outing (mutating from a couple of enemy characters) and his defining feature is, of course, a big damn tail.

So it's basically a standard Spawn kit with a Troglodon tail from the Seraphon model (although I had do a press-mould to cover up a gap in the scaled tail on one side). The original head of Whiplash is so ork-like, it would have been an easy match - but I feared it would just look like an Ork. So I went with his later incarnation as something reptilian and gave him a Saurus head.

Skeletor and his Evil Warriors as Warhammer 40k Chaos Space Marines

I'm getting good value from the Space Wolf 'He-Man' heads that Monkey gifted to me. This one is making Faker - the evil robot duplicate of He-Man!

He's a regular Space Marine, with the Space Wolves bits added - to give him a Terminator-style robot face, I sliced his head in half and added a Necron skull in there. Faker ought to have blue flesh, but I think just having Space Wolves blue for his armour does the trick.

Skeletor and his Evil Warriors as Warhammer 40k Chaos Space Marines

Spikor could be considered one of the easiest crossovers, since a Chaos Space Marine is all spikes anyway. Although that also makes him hardest to stand out as a Masters of the Universe conversion too.

In addition to finding the spikiest bits in my bits box, I also drilled into his helmet and added some more points with snipped-off a paperclip.

For weapons, Spikor comes very well tooled with a lightning claw (for the toy's trident-prosthetic) and a power maul. If I was being toy-accurate, they should be on opposite hands, but that's the least of his worries, since his entire loadout is now illegal in the 9th Ed Chaos Space Marine codex (I guess that lightning claw is now a very effective back scratcher).


Skeletor and his Evil Warriors as Warhammer 40k Chaos Space Marines

Last, but my no means least, I couldn't pass up the challenge of a Stinkor plague marine! This is the top half of a Plague Marine mounted on regular Space Marine legs (which works quite well, I may do more of that to fill out the foetid ranks).

His characteristic mask was just a plague marine rebreather without the hose, and I added some greenstuff 'ears' for that skunk look.

I didn't replicate the toy's weapons - which is a fairly uninspiring round shield, so he gets a plague sprayer (or flamer) to share his smells.

It's my standout favourite of this batch - I could do a whole unit in those lovely orange and black colours. Sadly, he doesn't stink (any more than the rest of my paint jobs).

Now to take these boys into battle!

2 comments:

  1. These are excellent conversions! And I loved your battle report with Monkey.

    ReplyDelete