Friday 22 July 2022

The Blessed Saint Daphne

 My Hobbypocalypse is ending with a bang!

Drycha Hamadreth conversion for 40k Sisters of Battle - part of the DZTV Hobbypocalypse 2022 challenge

For the sixth and final month of Hobbypocalypse '22 I was struck by inspiration - the theme of my peculiar Adepta Sororitas was forestry, so why not make their champion the meanest tree in the forest?

Drycha Hamadreth conversion for 40k Sisters of Battle - part of the DZTV Hobbypocalypse 2022 challenge

I managed to find Drycha Hamadreth for a good price and, as I've always had a soft spot for Drycha from the Old World of Warhammer Fantasy.

My plan was to proxy her for Morvenn Vahl (that High Lord of Terra that has inexplicably fights in the front line). It should be a fun addition to run around with my combat Sisters of Battle - and I couldn't bring myself to field the actual Vahl (I like the model, not so convinced by the narrative).

In terms of conversion work,  it's roughly the right size, with a convincing close-combat weapon. I added a heavy bolter for Morvenn's firepower, and am thinking the 'fireflies' that shoot of out the honeycombs would make good frag rockets (I could have added more, but they were messing up the model's silhouette). 

I also switched around Drycha's forest spirit torso for a Sisters of Battle one - not massively obvious, but it does link back to the narrative of Saint Daphne being a humble sororitas who is possessed by an arboreal influence.

Drycha Hamadreth conversion for 40k Sisters of Battle - part of the DZTV Hobbypocalypse 2022 challenge

And that's the Hobbypocalypse done for another year! A lot of fun to build, and a whole new army for me to play with. All that remains is the massive four-way battle. We Ride!

40k Sisters of Battle - part of the DZTV Hobbypocalypse 2022 challenge


2 comments:

  1. I think this is an excellent story hook for your army. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully she'll last a couple of turns before getting turned into matchwood by the BadMech guns.

      Delete