Tuesday 28 December 2021

The Season of Giving

If we all give each other miniatures, that's not the same as getting new ones, is it?

Pvt Adam of Eternia


In the spirit of the season, here are a few of the models I've painted this year that didn't end up in my collection.

First up is Pvt Adam, a wastrel who has been transferred to Monkey's command in the hope that the bracing Fenrisian air might make a Man of him.

Really enjoyable colour scheme to paint up - and made me very tempted to do an entire pink-and-lilac coloured Imperial Guard squad.

Pvt Adam and Tzeletor

Next up was a present for Brapscallion, the ruthless overseer of our Hobbypocalypse project. During production, he expressed an intense dislike for the 3rd edition Carnifex, so naturally we tracked one down and bought it for him.

The paint scheme of Hive Fleet Bathsheba was easily enough to replicate, since it was all broken down in the Hobbypocalypse videos. The tricky part was that I was painting to match the screen colours, having never seen the army in the flesh, so the tone wasn't an exact fit.

Sandra the Screamer Killer

And finally, to celebrate a year of Sultan as the support bubble stalwart of Deployment Zone, I made a model of this memorable character from the Vorkanis 22nd's first narrative campaign: Kevin the hapless Vox-Operator and part-time janitor.

With a greenstuffed mop and vox-equipment donated my Monkey, it was a straightforward kitbash. The challenge was finding an expression so spectacularly gormless. I chose one of the impaled heads from the Chaos Rhino, so if you think he looks dazed now, at least I removed the spike.

Kevin the Vox-Operator

I've also been lucky enough to receive models this year (and not just the GW store freebies) - some have already been blogged. Others, I'll post when I get around to painting them.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for Pvt Adam, he's amazing and has pride of place in my cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's wielding the frost sword you gave me, so it all comes around. :-D

      Delete