Monday 25 July 2022

Bubbly Personalities

 


Stir the sump, and a few of these always float to the top.

Hive Outlaw gangers, useful scum for my other gangs rather than being a whole team of their own. Mainly because I missed GW's extremely mean-spirited and short run of the fuller set! Like the Slave Ogryns before them, they were too popular a box to be sold at a reasonable price  long for this hard world of ours. After a month of being sold like genuine Wild Snake, they vanished forever. 


Now you can get a third of the models for merely half the price, which is sharp economic practice. Same with the Ogryns, come to think of it. It'll be sad when this inevitably happens in 40K (if it hasn't already, I don't really monitor the prices because they're all too high for me). 


Anyhoo! Grumpy old mannishness aside, I hadn't had anything to paint for about two weeks, and this was the cheapest thing I could find down my FLoGS. And they are crackers, in fairness, easy to do head or arm swaps on, and great generic cult/goon squad members. There are some spare Jackal biker bits on one of these, an old Escher head and a left-over Puppets War head, enough to mark them as mine without having to get complicated. This also means I've got plenty of interesting leftover heads for another day. Hurrah! Just like the French Revolution.


Bonus points if you already noticed this, but they are also painted to be the TMNT. My youngest daughter has become besotted with the Turtles, the more recent Nickelodeon version, and insisted that I give these four the appropriate colour nods. Leo lost points for not having katanas, and I had to paint purple over my original choice of green hair for Donnie, but Mikey and Raph were given the seal of approval pretty swiftly and have already had an adventure on a beach, rescuing a unicorn from evil hunters who wanted to make kebabs out of her. Booyakasha! Which is what modern Mikey says instead of Cowabunga, and makes me feel dreadfully old.  


More, er, when I get something else to paint. There is some scenic creativity going on in the background, though, I'll post that when I've finished tinkering. 


2 comments:

  1. Very cool - nice characterful scum there.
    And now a little Skaven to mentor them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea of a skaven was put forward, but I explained that they're just a tale put about by communists to bring down the Empire.

      Delete