Tuesday 1 December 2020

Slay Ride

 


Get your motors running!


More Indomitus here - this time a pair of squads of Outriders. 



Big and bikey, they're not too bad to paint. Plenty of detail to go nuts on if you want to, of course, and they're basically small vehicles. So they have lots of space for freehand or weathering too. These six have trodden a middle way, fast drybrush and wash work for the armour, then some extra details to catch the eye a bit. 



New brushes! My sister sent me a set of rather nice ones for my birthday last month, and these are the first models to benefit from them. Strangely, they haven't immediately improved my painting ability. Must have been the set without the magic handles, I guess. But the decals are a little crisper than the last batch, so it definitely made a difference. 


I don't care how many wounds or attacks these guys have, or how clearly a unit of them belongs in the Mantis Warriors, I somehow don't like them as much as standard Bikers. Fewer weapon options is one turnoff, then it's just something about their monolithic stature. These things could run over Judge Dredd's bike without noticing. Not Dredd himself, obviously, although I'd pay to see them try. 

Still, good models for all that, and nice to see mounted Primaris. Not that many Crypt Angels left to do, I'll see if I can finish them before Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. I love the teeth on those bikes! They really lift them from good to great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! L really liked these models, they were pretty easy to paint up.

    ReplyDelete