Wednesday 30 December 2020

EXT: Brig

 


Do not pass go.

Bit of a dual purpose post today - around this time of year, our Lead Pile Tax Returns come due at the Woffboot, so as well as posting pics of the latest bit of customised Necromundan floortile I've done, I will also do my reckoning of stuff done this year. 


Models first, though! This is another piece of Zone Mortalis floor tile, quartered this time. The decor is a mix of sprue and mdf offcuts from TTCombat kits, along with some trimmings from various GW kits. Toolbox from the Tectonic Fragdrill, I think, and pipework from Dark Uprising. The bedding is a babywipe with PVA, as is the failed attempt to clean the head (which has been filled with water resin and brown-painted polystyrene blobs).

This is a jail cell, or possibly just a really crappy bedsit, the kind I could afford if I moved back to London. The jail cell part comes from an upturned physalis container from the shops, with a fan glue-gunned to the roof and a door from Deep Madness welded sloppily to the side. 


Mrs Kraken pointed out that to scale, the gaps between the bars are big enough to squeeze out through, so I stuck a length of loose wiring in there to vaguely implicate that this would be a bad idea. As if anyone would want to leave such a homely space anyway! Personally, I'd just reach out and take the bolt pistol from the workbench, then threaten anyone who tried to get me to leave. 

The cage just sits over the tile, held in place by tabs on the back of the bed so that you can put models inside it if need be.

Lead Taxes - it's been a great year for hobbying, rather the opposite of how the year's gone in all other senses. Did I mention I had Corona just before Christmas? Well, all this being home got me very much in the black, with at least 448 models painted and a good deal less than that bought (something in the region of a hundred or so, and everything bar about twenty of them are already done). That's also counting each of the modular plastic terrain kits I got as one model each, because I couldn't be bothered working them out as individual amounts. 

It's been a great year for battle reports, with my last one against Pootle being one of my favourites, and the amazing narrative Skypehammer set that Stylus organised being the other high point. And I've finished all my commission work for now, and have all the Necromunda stuff I got last year still to look forward to. So a good year ahead, I hope!


It'll be hard, though. There's a pact afoot not to buy anything new for a whole year, but more on that anon...

Roll on 2021, you surely can't be as bad as your predecessor.

4 comments:

  1. Great work, love the character of the bedsit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely bit of scenery, that. Just screams narrative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And well done on the painting tally. Mine was not nearly so auspicious.

    See, I may think I'm the Felix of the blog, but I'm really the Oscar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're the Felix of this blog, I'm the Gotrek.

      Delete