Wednesday 16 December 2020

EXT: Realmgates of Glory

I painted some more scenery!

Baleful Realmgates from Warhammer Age of Sigmar

Let's jump into the immaterium!

A pair of Baleful Realmgates from the always-impressive Age of Sigmar range. I actually finished these over the summer, but was holding off from posting them until I'd got some more done ... six months later, here we are.

Baleful Realmgates from Warhammer Age of Sigmar

It's a bit of a shame that my attention wandered from scenery, because I really enjoyed painting these gates. They're nice big chunks of terrain and I worked my way through them in a few quiet hours.

I continues the Mediterranean sandstone colour scheme that Kraken used for my Ophidian Archway - one day, I might get enough pieces to use as a theme.

  • Base Stone - Steel Legion Drab base, Reikland Flesh wash, drybrushes of Deathclaw Brown, Karak Stone, Eldar Flesh and Terminatus Stone.
  • Coloured stone: Wazdakke Red, Aldorf Guard Blue and Incubi Darkness respectively.
  • Magical energy (green): Grey Seer base, Hexwraith Flames wash, Ulthuan grey drybrush
  • Magical energy (green): Grey Seer base, thinned Emperor's Children wash, Ulthuan grey drybrush

Baleful Realmgates from Warhammer Age of Sigmar

 I really like how they've turned out. As as you'll see from some of the battle report pictures, they make great warp portals for 40k too. Hope I'll be able to add to this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment