Tuesday 31 May 2022

EXT: Launch Site

 


When there's nothing in the paint queue, I'm obliged to get creative. 


Very cheap and cheerful, this, and quick with it. It's the plastic lid to a milkshake powder tub glued upside down to a card oval, then flocked and painted. No standing on ceremony, no getting fancy, about two hours' work from start to finish (over two evenings, the glue has to dry at some point). The hinges were made from plastic bits from a broken keyboard, there's a bit of Valkyrie at the end there, the rest is either paint, rusty pigment powders or ancient transfers. 


Inspired somewhat by our recent narrative game, it's not going to have any effect on the table. Could be an objective marker, could be a vital part of a mission, could just be deco. Always fun to be using up the scrap I've stuffed my cupboards with!

4 comments:

  1. Very clever and thrifty. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very simple but effective, nice work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing in the queue… wowee! The terrain is great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't hang about with painting, but I also don't buy a lot! I usually hit the bottom a couple of times a year at the moment. Never lasts...

      Delete