Monday 30 May 2022

Cavalleria Allarusticana

 


When your standard armoured demigod just isn't quite big and butch enough, why not send some of these?


My dodgy Latin isn't quite up to the task of working out what Allarus might actually mean, other than the word GW picked to designate Custodian Terminator armour. It's not really important - these guys are massive, real chonkers! There's something in the slightly snow-cone shaped helmets of standard Custodians that I'm not madly keen on, but these guys don't have it and have won me over. 


Big axes look better than fancy glaives, so that's what they've got. Otherwise it's the same paint scheme as the jetbikes from earlier this year. Poor old jetbikes - they haven't been out of the cupboard yet. Having some reinforcements might tempt them into the light, the poor agoraphobes. 



The power blades came out well, I'm pleased with them. The chrome paint on their top eagles has also turned out well, but fair play to my silver highlighting, as you can't really tell it apart from the pipes and gun barrels in the photos. Maybe that's just my unimpressive photography, though. 



A character to lead this nascent army. The Blade Champion is going to make a light mist of pretty much anything he reaches in combat. His twin blade look is better than the big two-hander, which makes even this large a gent looks like he's struggling with the weight. And his very serious bald head was easily the best choice from the three on the sprue. He's coming for you, but he's taken the time for a close shave. It's just good manners. 


Drives to idle! I'm out of models again. The new Custodes Combat Patrol box set is somewhere out there, calling to me (if I get that, then these guys are an army instead of reinforcements), but not on the near horizon. And hell, I'm going to have to concentrate to stay focussed, G-Dubs is knocking out some great content at the moment, the new Kill Team is also waving at me with its come-hither eyes. Stay on target...

1 comment:

  1. I do like the energy effect on the weapons, very cool

    ReplyDelete