Tuesday 16 October 2018

Final Two: Lord Tusk


Smile for the Camera.



Lord Scarguts Tusk, in what little fluff Massive Darkness provides, is described as 'one of the world's most infamous Ogres'. He's even got named blades, Cleave and Quarter. Let's be honest, though, he could be the world's mangiest trainspotter, and you'd still really only be looking at his weaponry.


That is some outsize shit right there. They're ridiculous! Also, kind of flat. Looking around the net, there is almost nobody who hasn't plopped some blood on them, they need something to avoid looking flat. I went overboard, of course, because flat surfaces are two fingers up at my freehanding, and I can't back down from a challenge.

Did you call me chicken?

For all that I stuck with a fairly plain red and black scheme, he's still come out quite bright. It's my 80's 'Eavy Metal upbringing, I guess, I don't feel happy without some nice primary colours.


The freehand was done over plain black, looking at web images for inspiration. Leadbelcher shaded up via Ironbreaker to Stormhost Silver. And I didn't do the overlapping on first pass, that's done by carefully going back over solid silver lines with thin black ones. Much easier than trying to get it all the right way round to start with.

On to the last one!

3 comments:

  1. Wait what. The detail on those blades is freehand? I would have sworn that was sculpted from the un-zoomed pics. Excellent work!

    In that first pic, when it's zoomed in so far that it's hard to tell that the black and white is a hood and not his face, he looked kind of like Venom to me. And then his named weapons are reminding me of Skurge's paired M-16s, Des and Troy. OK, maybe I just have Marvel movies on the brain ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have called them something serious, like 'Ronald' and 'McDonald'. Maybe I've watched Deadpool too much.

      Delete
    2. Ain't no such thing as watching Deadpool too much.

      Delete