Monday 15 October 2018

Final Three: Cockatrice


It's the Death Chicken!



Still no time for puns. I painted it quickly, so I could do something like 'Cock in a Trice' but I fear it would be open to misinterpretation.


The model just screams classic rooster to me, so that's very much the paint scheme I went for. Obviously there's more variations alive out there, so this is your good Old Red Rooster. I just didn't feel like anything more exotic.

Image result for exotic rooster
Because I've painted enough brown this week, thanks

This is Waagh Flesh (it's Orktober, so a Roostork was called for) layered up through Kabalite, Deathclaw Brown layered up to Averland Sunset and Mephiston Red up to Wild Rider. Bit of Ungor Flesh on the feet, Ushabti Bone beak, Marine Dark Blue tail. Rhinox claws and done! Fairly simple, actually, there's a lot of definition in those feathers which made it easy to drybrush.


Two to go...

4 comments:

  1. That's one fine looking, I say fine looking, rooster, boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHIKKIN!* I've got a trivet that I inherited from my grandmother with a rooster on it that looks just like that! It is nice when you get a chance to work on something where the sculpt and cast are good enough that a simple clean paint job is all it needs.

    *http://www.freakangels.com/?p=87&page=6

    ReplyDelete