Wednesday, 23 September 2026

Rogues' Gallery


 A Necromunda roleplaying game? Hook a brother up, GW, you know my poison. 

Dome Runner, the old pistol and knife one. Pipe Stander would be more accurate but a lot less cool.

The big preview drop last week was probably really the Kill Team stuff (flaming skelemarines! Nice!) or the return of clothed dwarves to AoS (adamantine golems! Nice!), but for me it was definitely the announcement of an actual GW roleplaying game. 

I like the rat she's packing. Dead for lunch, or live pet? Don't know, don't want to ask.

Made by them? Well, that's a bit new. They've been around for ages, back to the old Hogshead days in the 90s. Inquisitor was nearly a roleplaying game too, you just skipped all the roleplaying and cut straight to the climactic battles from the end of a session. I'm probably wrong, but I'm not sure GW have ever actually published a roleplaying game set in their own IP by themselves before. Colour me intrigued. 

Gang Lookout, complete with Dick Tracy watch.

And colour me some shiny resin NPC guys at the same time, while I'm there. This is the last of my summer haul, and a fine wine to be sipped as such. Lovely models, amazing it's all heading towards plastic instead, who knows, there might be a fun game in there as well. 

I like his overly military pose, compared with his fairly casual gear. The kind of guy who wears camo to the neighbourhood watch meetings, you can tell.

I ran a night's worth of Necromunda RPG once. I love the setting, it's very roleplay-ish in its depth and nonsense. The skirmish version is lovely! Don't get me wrong, just that it doesn't always do the fluff the justice it deserves. All that flavour text in the many many books is great to know about (although I confess I skipped over all the Aranthian Succession stuff), but it never really materialises on the tabletop. 

Big Mr Sushi, the Happy Slopper. Love him! The tentacle on the board, the plasters on his gut, the cigar, the Helmawr brand on his shoulder - enough detail for a whole kit in there. 

Anyone who has convinced a friend to play 40K based on the many wild grimdark legends in the background only to see them balk hard at the stage where you reveal that the basic mechanic is rolling dice and shouting numbers knows what I'm talking about. 

I tried to go for stripy pants. Probably should have painted them before assembly, not an easy pair of legs to reach.

Anyway! High hopes for this one, GW, don't screw it up. I need somewhere to use all these models, after all. 

Ammo Jack. I hope he brought enough for the whole class.

Bolter and Power Hammer. Not a bloke to mess with at any distance.

This lot are more hangers-on, mostly. Varied in use and quality in the last edition, the new edition has seen them all brought more in line with their cost. They all do something helpful these days, and if it's only very slightly helpful in rare moments, then they've become a lot cheaper. I haven't played the new version yet, but it does look like a good stab at balancing the teetering towers of stuff in the game, and has a lot of sensible changes. 

I'm not a huge fan of pin-up poses like this. Nothing that's the size of a thumb should have visible nipples (with the exception of Big Mr Sushi, of course).

This Sergeant Lady model was a puzzle - Kas threw it in with the rest, but I don't know where it comes from. Like a chump, I asked AI, which very confidently told me it was definitely definitely an Escher ganger from the latest box. When I told it to check again, it told me I was right to ask it to check again because it was wrong before, and now it was definitely sure it was positively from Raging Heroes. 

Honestly! I swear, I really am not keen on pin-up poses. And this is a Rogue Doc, not a Hello Nurse.


I checked, that seemed plausible, but still wrong. This went on for a while before it gave me a cringing apology for all the hallucinations and admitted it had no idea, but reckoned it was maybe a third party print. Good to know we're burning the planet down for something I could have worked out myself in fifteen seconds. 

Hands down the finest flasher mac in Forge World history. Hello little boy, would you like to see his puppies?

This last one is my favourite - the pose is great, the face is spot on and my painting came out well. Scabbers sell dodgy junk down the trading post. This is a pitch-perfect model, no notes. 

What a relief, it's just a bunch of broken junk rather than his actual broken junk. Is that a silencer or a pepper mill at the bottom? Either works for me.

Onwards! Only, well, I can't actually go onwards at the moment, I've burned through the paint stack again. Drives to idle...



1 comment:

  1. Excellent rogues gallery. That Scabber is a work of art.

    ReplyDelete