He may look like a Mime on steroids, but he's packing heat!
It's been a minute since I've painted any Marvel Crisis Protocol characters (although I've been playing a lot more games, which explains where my hobby time has been), but I'm jumping back in with the bad guys of the Earth's Mightiest Core Set.
This was the second of the MCP core sets released, which reimagined a lot of the original characters with new sculpts and character cards (mostly for the better). Crossbones, for example, becomes a little less durable but gains a plasma rifle, so he doesn't have to run at enemies on his stubby little legs.
(actually, the latest character update gave both Crossbones a better movement - so they're no longer out-paced by Professor X)
Painting-wise, it was basically trying to make his all-black ensemble a bit more interesting. The uniform was primed black, then drybrushed Eshin Grey, Dawnstone and Celestra Grey, with a wash of Nuln Oil to bring it back down.
I tried something slightly different with the arms, eschewing a wash and just layering Cadian Fleshtone over Buman's Glow. I then gave it a thinned-down glaze of Carroburg Crimson, to make the flesh less even, and finally highlights of Cadian Fleshtone.
The big gun was Mechanicus Standard Grey with Dawnstone layers. XV-88 and Snakebite Leather for the leather bits.
To distinguish him from the original Crossbones, this guys earns the sobriquet 'Merciless Merc' (just in case you might confuse him for a charity worker). I'm looking forward to trying this guy out on the table, especially as he can now pair up with Sin (who was also improved) to combine activations.
The discarded cans of Monster Energy were because I assumed that, if he was going to trade punches with actual superheroes, he must be on something.


No comments:
Post a Comment