I tell you this: search for 'model with DD chest' and you don't always get Matt Murdoch...
Television has a lot to answer for. When I saw Daredevil's cameo in She-Hulk, I was inspired to paint his miniature in the classic gold and red. However, once I saw the second season (or fifth, depending how you count) of Daredevil: Born Again, I had to give the black uniform a try.
Also, this is Shadowland Daredevil - a sort of 'darkest timeline' version where he joins the bad guys. He's a leader of the Criminal Syndicate affiliation, who enables them to be quite punchy, which is always fun. With all that in mind, I thought he needed a darker look.
I started with a black primer, then drybrushed Eshin Grey, Dawnstone and Celestra Grey, with a wash of Nuln Oil to bring it back down. Finally, I went over the highlights with thinned Thunderhawk Blue.
The red accents were Khorne Red and Mephiston Red, with a touch of Wild Rider Red for the eyes.



No comments:
Post a Comment