When going into battle, don't forget your Helmut.
Another member of the second Crisis Protocol core set, this version of Baron Zemo seemed destined to stay forever in the shadow of his namesake in the original core set. There was nothing bad about 4 Threat Zemo, except you couldn't play him with the 3 Threat Zemo, who could do everything better and at a cheaper level.
Interesting that the designers decided to make both characters Helmut Zemo, when they could have nominated one of them as his father, Heinrich Zemo. I guess narratively, Heinrich is a bit too Third Reich-adjacent for comfort (even Red Skull has a get-out clause of being a clone), whereas Helmut is just a regular dastardly villain.
With the character cards now rebalanced, it looks like 4 Threat Zemo might actually get some time on the table. Which should be fun, as his miniature looks cracking and he has a number of cool rules, not least his 'Adhesive X' pistol, which contains the same superglue that accidentally got stuck on his head (we've all been there).
His unform is mostly black and white, so I primed White, then washed with Nuln Oil and picked out the white with Ulthuan Grey. The black was based Chaos Black, then drybrushed Eshin Grey, Dawnstone and Celestra Grey, with a wash of Nuln Oil.
The balaclava was Screamer Pink, layered with 50/50 mix of Screamer Pink/Emperor's Children. The less said about the sword, the better. It was a very small surface for me to practice non-metallic metal on, and after a dozen tries, I went with the best I could manage.
As a final touch, I wrote 'Nemo' on the discarded coffee cup, because I reasoned that no barista would hear his name clearly through that mask.


No comments:
Post a Comment