Taaaaank!
Knocking the full Lampreys list to well over 2000, this is their last addition for a while. It's also the largest - it's a Rogal Dorn, and it dwarfs the other stuff.
Part of me felt like I never wanted to get stuff that wasn't either Tempestus or Valkyrie variants. That was the part of me that didn't have a Rogal Dorn. Embracing a more varied Guard list opens up various interesting options for the stuff I've got, but I can still keep it very much a Scion-themed collection. It's just got a whacking big tank in the middle of it now.
Meltas all over it, then options for the main hull (which has a nice slotta hole that doesn't need magnets). I could have done something similar for the main turret, but looking at the options I reckon this Oppressor Cannon is a clear winner. Higher strength, better AP in exchange for not being twin linked? I'll take those odds.
When the kit came out, everyone was very down on the massive hole in the bottom. Even my kids noticed and complained, although it's really not something you can see once the tank is put together and on the table. Still a weird choice. Did they run out of room on the sprue that badly? It can't be for reasons of weight, I'm sure. Ah well, as long as it doesn't drive over any mines, it'll be fine.
| Corporal Bullme 'Leapfrog' Tassinger |
| Captain Dougal 'Rooster' Rourne |
| Tanker Fizt 'Zombie' Dacready |
All the command crew are hanging out. Not gonna lie, I was sorely tempted to green stuff cat ears and tails on them all, and then paint 'Furry' on the cannon barrel. This could easily play a Tank Commander in the game. And it may well - handing out orders to other my tanks is bound to be useful, especially in the mobile infantry lists I usually favour. As the other big new addition to the collection this summer, I reckon it's probably going to have picked a fight with a Defiler when it hits the table.
The Lampreys are done for now, they've got plenty of new toys. At least until I can afford a Stormlord, of course. It could transport all the infantry I've got at once, pretty much, that would be hilarious. Just a few odds and ends left for the summer haul. Onwards!
No comments:
Post a Comment