Just a quick report!
This was an online game Kas and I played a few days back, so nothing in the way of photos I'm afraid. It's the last action from this round of the Jimulthuan Campaign, and it was the Crypt Angels trying to shuck the last vestiges of Imperial control from their home system, Rylstone.
I reckoned Custodes would probably be making an appearance for this. Who better to remind these marines of their loyalty to the throne?
Custodes are apparently a meta threat on tournament tables at the moment. I don't know about that, but I took a bunch of stuff that Kas has that I don't - one of their scary hover tanks and a big Ted dread, along with a generalist detachment and one that helps dreadnoughts. Take and Hold for me!
2000 points, Might of the Morotoi and Shield Host
- 4 Custodian Guard (spears) led by Trajann Valoris
- 2 Allarus Custodians (spears) led by a Shield Captain (axe) with the Castellan's Mark (redeploy two units after deployment)
- 4 Custodian Wardens (spears) led by a Blade Champion
- 4 Prosecutors (hide at the back and defend the base)
- 2 Vertus Praetors (salvos) led by a Shield Captain (salvo, from the Hall of Armouries, a relic to give extra strength and damage in combat)
- 2 more Vertus Praetors (salvos)
- Caladius Grav-Tank with twin arachnus blaze cannon (anti-tank)
- Contemptor Achillus with twin adrathic destructors and Interred Expertise (reroll ones to hit)
- Telemon Heavy Dreadnought (accelerator culverin, caestus and win plasma projectors)
Reading through the list, I was thinking 'oh yeah, I see what he means, it's a skew list full of shooty tanks and not quite enough infantry' until I got to the last entry and choked on my coffee.
- Roboute Guilliman (he's ridonkulous)
- Techmarine (to fix and bump the tanks)
- 5 Vanguard Vets with shields
- 3 Eliminators (sniper rifles)
- 5 Scouts (missile luancher, sniper rifle)
- 3 Outriders
- Gladiator Lancer (tank ace and gunnery honours)
- Land Speeder
- Storm Speeder Hailstrike (the gatling one, strips cover, I think)
- Storm Speeder Hammerstrike (the melta one, gives extra ap - and with the other two speeders can do a first turn deep strike, so very good at picking off enemy armour assets early, although you generally lose them after that if you do, this one also has a Raptorial Cogitator Core to let it ignore cover)
- Whirlwind (tank ace, Redoubtable Machine Spirit to heal itself)
- Astraeus (the choke of moment - a superheavy artillery tank that can gun down heavy infantry for days. It's also a tank ace with Firestorm Coordinators to give all its guns sustained 1 aw jeez)
Mission/Deployment
FIGHT!
That was because I'd gone for a very defensive deployment - bikes and infantry on each wing, tanks and dreads either in reserve or hiding behind walls, so it would have been nearly impossible to target the big guns Kas wanted to get on turn one. All the same, I took casualties when the Whirlwind started bopping off Prosecutors.
Turn two, well, it was goodbye bikes. Kas's guns rumbled into position and did horrible horrible things to my assets - double Oath from RG, plus denying cover and extra AP from the big speeders, and that before the Astraeus opened up? Yuk. I also lost the small Dreadnought. I didn't fancy my chances after that.
Final score was about ninety-sixty. Losing all his troopers had meant Kas couldn't score much after turn three. We'd been neck and neck until then, but that shocker of a middle from his dice was pretty conclusive!




No comments:
Post a Comment