These symbiotes really get around.
Carnage is the spider-symbiote who was introduced when Venom was getting too cuddly. Bonded with serial killer Cletus Kasady, there's nothing subtle about what his motivations are.
And his character on the tabletop perfectly reflects this: Carnage is all gas and no brakes, capable of tearing through half an enemy team in a single turn, but equally vulnerable to getting squashed flat without reply. I've experienced both versions and, after some misgivings about the character, he's one of my favourite Spider-Foes to run.
Model-wise, he's more slender than Venom, with a lot more spindly symbiote tendrils. I already had a very menacing 3D print that was doing the job for me, but when I got my job-lot of Spider-Foes, I reckoned it would do no harm to have a tournament-legal version.
Painting-wise, you're going to put red-on-black, or black-on-red, and either version will drive you insane. I opted for a black undercoat and Nuln Oil wash, then picking out the gaps in between with Khone Red (a bit like working with gold filigree, and equally time-consuming).
Once that was done, I went over it again with Mephiston Red. Once that was done, I went over it again with Evil Sunz Scarlet. Once that was done, I was to starting to understand what drove Cletus Kasady insane.
A bit of Black Legion contrast to shine up the spikes, and he was ready to paint the board red (as long as no-one hits him with an energy or mystic attack).


No comments:
Post a Comment