More Hagan light vehicles!
| Driver: Cpl. Terrigan 'Bambi' Heksker |
A matching pair of Hippogriff AFVs checking in for duty. AFV is Armoured Fighting Vehicle according to some parts of the internet, and an Alternative Fuel Vehicle according to other parts. I don't know which parts of the internet to trust these days, so I'm going with both. The Hagan Lampreys fill their tanks with brandy and gumption in equal measures, after all.
I caught a surprising amount of flak round the house while these were out painting. "I thought you didn't collect WWII games," Mrs Kraken said, before she and Krakenette Jr laid into me on the fact that they weren't done in camouflage. I did explain that particular bit of backstory, but everyone tuned out as soon as I started talking. Pearls, swine, etc.
I really like these definitely not WWII Pumas (they're definitely not, they don't have enough wheels). They're kind of stubby and cute, grubby little bulldogs ready to nip someone's ankles and not let go.
| Driver: Sergeant Chennis 'Eagle Eye' Monterey |
One has the sarge hanging out of the top and shouting, the other is battened down. The turrets are interchangeable and the guns are swappable, with all variants on hand.
| True fact - the top hatch is referred to as the 'fat potter flap' on the grounds that it's the Hippogriff In-Door |
Will they be any good on the table? Maybe - they're pretty easy to burst, but they're also nippy and have pretty decent firepower for their size. They can also move-shoot-move, which could be handy. Sniping at enemy armour from a distance could work, but so could a close-up melta rush, especially with some of the various ways Guard have of boosting their shooting. Time will tell, I think!
Sidebar - Krakenette Jr spotted a Necromunda picture elsewhere on the net featuring a well-known cartoon creature converted into an underhive monstrosity. She demanded that I produce one immediately and provided the raw materials.
I didn't convert it, just repainted the cheap plastic figure and stuck it on a base. The look of those ghastly eyes is quite monstrous enough, I find.
Onwards!
No comments:
Post a Comment