Armed and dangerous!
The original Core Set for Marvel Crisis Protocol was released in 2019 and, to be fair, it's still got a lot of mileage. Four years later, a sort-of upgraded Earth's Mightiest Core Set was released, with improvements on a lot of the characters.
And Doc Ock, Sinister Scientist may have been the biggest upgrade of them all.
From a character model standing squarely, arms crossed grumpily, with some tentacles waving behind him to a smirking villain in a trenchcoat, held aloft by three of his tentacles, while the fourth one assists him with some science.
Moreover, this Doc Ock goes from being a solid 3 Threat to a 4 Threat leader of the Spider-Foes (at last, I can play the Sinister Six!)
I'm glad to have him in the team. Doc Ock is one of the oldest spider-villains, with a good shout to be Spidey's arch-nemesis (ironically, Aunt Mae really likes him). His big screen performance by Alfred Molina also leaves quite the impression, which I'm sure inspired the long coat on the model.
Painting-wise, I wanted something more substantial than my previous highlight-and-contrast Doc Ock. The uniform was based Caliban Green, and layered with 50/50 Warboss Green and Warpstone Glow. The yellow trim was Averland Sunset, washed with 50/50 Nazdreg Yellow and Lahmian Medium. The coat was based Dryad Bark, layered XV-88 and Snakebite Leather contrast.
Until next time, web head!


No comments:
Post a Comment