Wednesday 23 October 2024

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spyrer


 It's nice to treat yourself now and again. 

Jumping Jak

Artel W usually feels beyond my budget. Fancy stuff plus postage? Well, obviously, I'd love to as often as possible. That's not very often. 

If Deadpool and Wolverine had a baby, and it was bitten by Peter Parker


Twin market forces pinned me down this time. There was a sale on their excellent Man Hunters bundle, which I'd been coveting from afar. Plus G-Dubs had just released the book for the new Spyrer team. Really, it was destiny. 

Nobody else lives in the Yeld's submarine.


The GW kits are nice and all, but not quite my thing somehow. This lot, with their retro look and nods to the nineties originals, fit my bill much better. Just like the last lot of Artel I painted, the kits are great. A few optional bits, very clean sculpts that fit together with minimal fuss, and then I just had to try and do them justice. 


I kept them all fairly clean in terms of colours. White and orange for the Jakara, white and green for the Orrus, black and red for the Malcadon. The Yeld is the most elaborate, painted in a sort of a vulture colour scheme. Not much else to say, really, other than just state my massive admiration for Artel W again. Gorgeous stuff!

The Orrus is my absolute favourite. You can build him stamping on a broken pillar; it's no contest when the other option is a sad bald man. Suck it, scummer.

Next would be to try and get them on the table sometime. They're a tricky prospect in Necromunda, I reckon - early gangs will find them very tough, I suspect, but they're always going to struggle against numbers, and they're far from being as superior in the arms race as they used to be. Most gangs can field plasma guns or equivalent pretty easily these days. It's all very well having monomolecular swords and chameleonic laser talons and such, but it still won't put out fire. 


No comments:

Post a Comment