Thursday 9 May 2024

Bob, Pew-Pew and Dark Rites Too

 I haven't been painting so much 40k recently. Of course, that never means I haven't painted any...

Painting Chaos Space Marines Warpsmith for The Scourged

For the Weekend at Burnies' event, I had decided to take The Scourged (more on that soon), which meant I needed a few more characters.

Given that I would fielding a lot of vehicles, a Warpsmith was a must, to keep them all running with dark energy.

And, because this is a Tzeentch-marked warband, I would need a Sorcerer.*

*(and you may be thinking that I already have eighteen other chaos sorcerers, but trust me - these were entirely the wrong kind of chaos sorcerers. I needed another one)

Painting Chaos Space Marines Warpsmith for The Scourged

The Warpsmith is the standard monopose model, and a pretty good one. I put him on a 40mm round base because I wasn't having any truck with him being the only character on an oval.

He doesn't get into melee often (that poor hammer), so it was quite a few games before I learned that his mechatendrils don't get separate attacks any more - what's that about?

As always, the same paint scheme as my other Scourged:

  • Gold trim: Retributor Gold base, Reikland Fleshshade wash, Golden Griffin drybrush
  • Red armour: Wazzdakka Red base, Carroburg Cromson wash, Wazzdakka Red layer
  • Blue Armour: Kantor Blue base, Nulk Oil wash, Kantor Blue layer, Altdorf Guard Blue highlights
  • Cloth: Khorne Red base, Nuln Oil wash, Mephiston Red highlights
  • Straps: Zandri Dust base, Snakebite Leather contrast
  • Pipes, straps & gun barrels: Ironbreaker base, Nuln Oil wash
  • Bullets: Runelord Brass + Xv88 base, Agrax Earthshade wash
  • Eye lenses: Ulthun Grey base, Hexwraith technical
  • Freehand symbol: Grey Seer
Painting Chaos Space Marines Sorcerer for The Scourged

The Sorcerer was another model straight-out-of-the-box (I really wasn't pushing my conversion muscles here), but since I'd already done a modified sorcerer, I fancied having a go at the standard one (which was a gift from the excellent SultanPlays on YouTube)

And speaking of treading familiar ground: he's another Roboute Guilliman!

Roboute Guilliman for Warhammer 40k Ultramarines Space Marines

I'm not sure how this came about, other than a conversation with a Warhammer Muggle somehow escalated into my doing a commission paint for him. That's three Guillimans I've painted, and I still don't own one.

I quite enjoyed it, even if it was the third time around, and I made the dead heretic at his feet a Word Bearer this time, so there's your variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment