Wednesday 5 July 2023

Take the Lieut and Run

 


Another blind box conversion!


Brother Furio is a man in a hurry. My heart sank when he was revealed from the Heroes box, a dude with a knife really didn't inspire me to improvise a hero on, although it is a nice dynamic pose.

Luckily, Space Marines are pretty bland at heart - with different shoulder pads, anyone can be a leader. That's the name of my self-help book, by the way, look for it on Amazon. 

My original plan was to make a standard Captain on foot, someone to represent Captain Nampo. Given that his long-running campaign has seen him fighting alone and behind Tyranid lines (when he's not captured, at any rate), I reckoned I could make something based on the Leviathan Phobos Lieutenant and his improvised armour. 


A few snips, some floral wire and some rooting about in the Tyranid spares, and presto chango - one marine character who can be either Drawbridge Veteran Nampo or another Lieutenant if the need arises. His weapons are a bit of a mix of legit and non-legit, but I reckon I can claim a plasma pistol and a bolter count as a combi-weapon for Lieutenant purposes. Gaffer tape over the stocks is the traditional way.


Maybe Afanc shell colours are a bit close to the green I use for Mantis Warriors? All different paints, I swear. I did wonder about doing a plate from some other Hive Fleet, but I couldn't bring myself to do it in the end. He will see action next time the Mantis Warriors are on the field!


1 comment:

  1. I think he's spot-on for the Combi-weapon Lt or a Nampo proxy: the shoulder pad works perfectly and, frankly, GW clearly stole the idea for the left-behind Combi-Lt from the campaign we've been playing

    ReplyDelete