Friday 14 July 2023

Packet of Three

 


In a rare foray outside the terrain boxes, here are some Deuslair monsters.


Two of these three came as promo models with the Dungeons and Lasers stuff for the World of Deuslair kickstarter that Archon ran earlier this year. Nice chunky models - the Elder Kril is the spiky bloke in the robes, the other is a Rasher's Golem (the Rashers are the little sprites on his shoulders, I think). 



Number three is the Swamp Golem from the Encounters kickstarter. All of these have tons of tiny details, but the Swamp Golem really goes the extra mile with all the battlefield debris stinking out of its muddy shoulders. There's apparently an entire horse in there, you can just see its head poking out. 



Although the pre-detailed bases look pretty good, I'm not a big fan - they're quite hard to glue the model to, because they aren't flat. Nothing plenty of glue can't fix, but all the same, I ended up coating the Kril's one with glue and sand to get him to sit level. I can see myself doing that for the other bases too, sadly, doing all those leaves over and over again will get stale fast. 

No idea when they'll see action! Great fun to paint them, though, lots of different textures to play with. While I got these out of the box, I discovered an overlook wellspring of terrain. Hurrah! Back on that for next time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment