Tuesday 11 October 2022

He Ain't Heavy, He's My Wolf Brother

 A very peculiar thing happened.

Space Wolves Primaris Heavy Intercessors

I bought of box of miniatures, took them home, assembled them right away, and then painted them without delay.

I can assure you, it won't happen again.

Space Wolves Primaris Heavy Intercessors

Gravis armour is my favourite of the new primaris marines, so these Heavy Intercessors were an inevitable addition to my Space Wolves. Only the exorbitant (even by GW standards) price tag made me delay, but I took the plunge at the 2022 Deployment Zone Open Day at Element Games.

Space Wolves Primaris Heavy Intercessors

I wasn't disappointed. They were lovely to work with, and a breeze to get done with my rudimentary painting recipe:
  • Armour: The Fang base, Agrax Earthshade wash, Russ Grey drybrush, Fenrisian Grey drybrush
  • Yellow pauldron: Averland Sunset base, Cassandora Yellow wash, Yriel Yellow drybrush
  • Red pauldron: Mephiston Red base, Agrax Earthshade wash, Evil Sunz Scarlet drybrush
  • Imperial Aquila: Retributor Armour base, Reikland Flashshade wash, Golden Griffon drybrush
  • Belt buckle, helmet coils and gun parts: Ironbreaker base, Nuln Oil wash
  • Gun frame: Chaos Black
  • Eye Lens: Evil Sunz Scarlet
  • Belts and holsters: XV-88 base, Agrax Earthshade wash
  • Talismans and bolter shells: Hashut Copper, Agrax Earthshade wash
  • Pouches: Dryad Bark
  • Base: Vajello Earth Texture, Agrax Earthshade wash, Mounfang Brown lip

Space Wolves Primaris Heavy Intercessors

As backline objective squatters, you'll find none better. I armed them with the Executor Bolt Rifles - partly for the name, and partly because, if they're going to spit out a handful of shots per turn, they may as well be really damaging ones. 

As with all these primaris rifle types, the difference between them is basically shown in the magazines, so you can call them what you like and no-one will care (I went with box magazines because I like the look of them).

Mind you, once the assault doctrine rolls around (and naturally, I get there as soon as possible), a squad of five gravis marines, even without melee weapons, are going to be something of a menace, so I shouldn't rule out a counter-charge.

Space Wolves Primaris Heavy Intercessors

The only conversion on this squad was a head swap on the pack leader - a lovely cyber-viking head from Puppetswar. He also got the raised fist combat sign-language post, as I don't believe I've seen that on Space Marines before.

Space Wolves Primaris Heavy Intercessors

And that's the squad! It's been a year since I last did Space Wolves, but now I have the hunger to do some more.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely models! They objectively sat and sprayed bullets very effectively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They successfully dodged New Model Syndrome.

      Delete
  2. They make a great addition to Chapter EgganChyps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you apologised to your leadpile after this dreadful display of productivity.

    ReplyDelete