Monday 29 March 2021

EXT: Maintenance Gantries


 Nearly done with the Dark Uprising box!


One final batch still to do. This lot was a fairly samey bunch of walkway tiles, another rather joyless slog until I got to the posters. Glad to have it out of the way!






I used shortcuts wherever possible. Hairspray chipping method for the railings, for example, and simple washes and drybrushes for the rusty metal. 



There was space for a bit of creativity - I took some of the barricades and stuck them together. Okay, nothing wildly outside the box, but a couple of extra metal plates stuck on, a chaotic trophy spike and a deck gun (it's a sawn-off lascannon put together from Land Raider sponson spares and wire). It's a bit less likely to fall over than a single piece, and it makes a bit of a change from the rest seeing as I've got one set already from the original Necromunda box set. 



The walkway pieces fit together well, but need either magnets (too much faff) or railings clipped on the side (works for me) to be completely stable. Obviously house rules will be that any flooring that falls apart from a game represents an actual hivequake, unless that encourages any physically present opponents to jostle the table. 

Room for extra decoration on the corner tiles (the others have girders and lamps), so one got some liquid tanks and another got a secret pin-up gallery

Not much else to say about all this, really, I just need to get it finished so I can put together some kind of massive display board! The last batch is mostly pipes, which I find oddly joyful to paint. Probably means I need to buy more...

2 comments: