Tuesday 30 March 2021

Doctor, Doctor! I think I'm possessed by a daemon!

"Then what you need is a couples therapist."

Converted Primaris Apothercary as Master of Possession, for Creations of Bile army, part of the DZTV Hobbypocalypse challenge

For Month 2 of my 'Four Horsemen of the Hobbypocalypse' challenge begins with a second HQ. With the wealth of daemonic astartes units I'm planning, a Master of Possession seems an obvious choice.

But given that Fabius Bile attracts a number of traitor apothecaries into his orbit, I wanted to base this one around the Primaris Apothecary model (snaffled long ago with the Warhammer Conquest discount). This one seems to have embraced both science and sorcery, so he's got all the bases covered.

Converted Primaris Apothercary as Master of Possession, for Creations of Bile army, part of the DZTV Hobbypocalypse challenge

I added some bits for extra heresy - the backpack and staff head from the actual Master of Possession, the head from the new Chaos Sorcerer, the staff from a Nurgle Plaguebearer, plus the odd skull.

Same paint scheme as the Possessed (although I've decided this isn't the most efficient way to paint units):
  • Armour: Wraithbone base, Seraphim Sepia wash, Bleached Bone drybrush
  • Gold: Retributor Armour base, Agra Earthshade wash, Golden Griffin drybrush
  • Flesh: Bugman's Flesh, Reikland Fleshshade, Kislev Flesh layers

Converted Primaris Apothercary as Master of Possession, for Creations of Bile army, part of the DZTV Hobbypocalypse challenge

Interesting story around his pauldron: his original chapter was the Star Scorpions, who had an unstable gene-seed and ultimately disappeared into the warp (the chapter number and colours were subsequently given to the Mentor Legion).

The Star Scorpions had now become the heretic astartes The Pure, so that's where my Master of Possession hails from (I reckoned a chapter with an unstable geneseed would be very invested in what Fabius Bile could offer). The chapter badge is described to be a Basilisk wrapped around a world, but no official artwork appears to exist, so I had to make do with my imagination and freehand.

Converted Primaris Apothercary as Master of Possession, for Creations of Bile army, part of the DZTV Hobbypocalypse challenge

The crowning touch is, of course, the dead loyalist marine at his feet (I seem to be developing a theme here).

2 comments:

  1. That's a great conversion! Good to see the Primaris getting twisted into new shapes, I knew they wouldn't stay shiny and clean forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I've been sitting on this idea long before Creations of Bile was even a thing.

      Delete