Tuesday 23 March 2021

EXT: Underhive Backstreet


There's light at the end of this terrain tunnel! 


Probably a huge incinerator chamber, I expect, but I won't complain. Two batches left to do before I can down tools on the Great Underhive Scenery Paint of 2021, and I'm now spurred on by that imminent end. 





A few last columns to do this time, then a real slog - the toppers for all of the column pieces. Eleven identical slabs, not the most inspiring bit of painting to do. It took longer than usual as well, I didn't manage to mix the rust pigment properly and had to go over it all again. Too much glue or too much water, I think, not sure, but it was nearly invisible the first time round. 




The crates got done with this lot, and as I've already got some I didn't spend much effort on these four. The bombs are glued this time, so you'll never be sure what's inside beyond the usual mix of ammo, weapons or a face full of gas. 






Plenty of nice Archon scatter pieces to keep me entertained. The alien eggs are a particular favourite, I've got some new gloss varnish that really helped the colourshift ones, and the green ones just worked better than I could have hoped. 

Walkways and railings next, then the pipework. And then the whole box set is nearly done! 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, those green eggs in particular look great. But it all looks lovely (horrible); I can't wait to play a game on it!

    ReplyDelete