Wednesday 3 July 2019

DRED Talk


The Magnetic Collection is almost complete. This week: Dreadnoughts!




Funny - these guys seem small now. Probably because the last ones I did were the huge Primaris dudes, but all the same, the model is showing its age a little. The power and size creep of 40K has overtaken it somewhere in the last decade.



To make up for it, this pair has a million million arms, most of which you can see here. There's a few options I didn't see, like twin autocannons or a frost axe, but nothing you're going to use more than very rarely. And you're spoilt for choice otherwise, with Blood Angels Librarian bits through to siege assault claws.

Dreadward Noughton

The Dreadwood Stage

Dread Zeppelin

The only missing bit were the sarcophagi, which are in a bag somewhere else (hopefully not in the bottom of my cupboard somewhere, but I'm pretty sure they never made it over the North Sea with me). I couldn't go taking photos of empty dreadnoughts, so I botched together a couple from my bits box. They're a bit crude, they don't sit flush with the rest of the can so well and make them look front heavy, but they'll do as bonus spares for Leofa!

Dreadie Dreadmayne

King Dreadnought the Confessor

One last burst of magnetised kit to go, but I need to break it up with something else first. Something non-magnetic!

3 comments:

  1. I still do like the Castaferrum design, even if they have been left behind by scale creep. They look good in this grey camo.

    I'm only seeing plastic arms here. Pretty sure the reason there are no Twin-Autocannon is that those have only ever been available from Forge World. There are obviously Space Wolf options here, tho, so I don't know why there wouldn't be an Axe/Shield combo, the Murderclaws, or Trueclaw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I didn't know rifleman autocannons were forge world. Leofa despises resin, that explains that. And probably no Space Wolf box would explain those absences. Or maybe it's space Viking prejudice.

      Delete
    2. He does have the Helfrost Cannon, tho, which is only from the SW kit. Maybe he got that one from a bitz seller or something.

      Delete