Thursday 25 July 2019

I Feel the Needa


The need for Land Speeder.





Is there better news than that Top Gun is finally getting the sequel everyone has been asking for over the last thirty years? I mean, there were so many unsolved plotlines. Why was the rebellious loose cannon called Maverick? Did Ice ever get to be wingman? Which gun did actually come top?


Ranting aside, I'm delighted to finish my first summer commish - Leofa's Multimagnet Vehicle Swarm is done, with the completion of this finely tuned Land Speeder. Good model with a classic appeal and a nice selection of uses on the field. Magnets out the wazoo, of course.


Not a lot I can add to this post, really. There was a bit of water effect stuff going on with the base, and half a lego tyre made it in there, but otherwise it's very much the same paint job as the previous ones. The gunner has something approaching the old Techmarine colours (terracotta) and the pilot is shiny green with vintage metallic paint. I couldn't really get shoulder pad details on, there wasn't really room without risk of slips.


So that's done! It's a likelihood you've not seen the last of the vehicles on this blog, they may well make an appearance in a battle report if Leofa doesn't steal initiative and take them home first.


Next: I'm absolutely certainly not buying Warcry.

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved Land Speeders. Really do need to start magnetizing mine in the future, since they have so many potentially useful loadouts. Well, they have had, over the years. They only have a couple in 8th, due to the stupid Vehicle Rules not having an exemption for Heavy Weapons.

    An old tire rotting in a swamp is a classic touch. I may have to borrow that for one of my Death Guard bases :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Society for Putting Broken Bedsteads Into Ponds would heartily approve. Tyre, Bedstead or Boot, your three go-tos for swamp debris.

    ReplyDelete