Monday 15 July 2019

Half a Dozen Aggs


Cor, has it really been over a month since I last painted a Crypt Angel? Seems longer, somehow.




Well, no surprises here - there are always more of these renegades pouring forth from Kasfunatu Towers. When he discovered you could get a cheap squad of Aggressors with that collectible magazine that builds into a comprehensive binder army over time, Kas popped out and raided the newsagents like any sensible chap would.


Two identical sets of easy-to-build kit here, and very nice they are too. If I have nothing exceptional to say about them, it's because I've done them before, and also because I'm scared of ever having to face the full nine in the collection on a table at the same time. If it's possible to have too many flamers, these guys do it.


However! We're not done yet.


Victrix Guards next, suitably Cryptified (this is a real process). I sandpapered the middle out of the big obvious Ultramarine symbol on the shield, the better to paint fangs over it, but some of the other symbols were too small and fiddly to risk. I need a set of those nice small modelling files at some point, sandpaper is not up to the finesse of getting rid of tiny details, and a knife leaves ugly flat edges. I painted over what I could, and left anything else black if it wasn't too obvious.


Which meant Big Marn here was a problem. All his U markings are embossed into other details, like the flames on his gloves or skull on his belt, and I didn't want to maim them. So same again - it was a question of painting over it or leaving it dark. Seeing as there's plenty of detail to draw the eye, I think it works well enough!


The usual paint job, so the usual colours. The only difference is that my Agrax Earthshade has run out. Nooo! All my skill, instantly gone. Not really - Army Painter's Dark Tone is doing a very decent job of standing in here, I have no complaints.


Next: I'm definitely not buying Warcry.

No comments:

Post a Comment