Tuesday 21 May 2019

Swiss Army Tank



All this fighting! Battle report after battle report on the blog, and no hobby articles in sight. It's almost like in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war or something.

But no! For there is also Paint!


Commission time. Over the last couple of weeks I've been slaving away on a lot of tanks. How many is a lot? Well, judge for yourself.

Vindicator!
Whirlwind!
Predator!
Rhino!
Baal Predator!
Razorback!
Chaos Rhino!
Deathwatch Rhino!
Borrowed Rhino!
Very Borrowed Rhino!
Wait, what?
So, how long were you fooled for? Probably no more than a chassis or two, I'd wager, but all the same - this is some impressive customisation. General Leofa has been busy with his magnets, doing some impeccably neat work on these Predatorhinowhirlvindicatorockgrinders. 

Yes, I did the interiors. No, it wasn't easy.

I couldn't quite face photographing every possible permutation, but rest assured, if the Codices have it as a weapon option, so do the tanks. They're going to help out with most of the armies Leofa has, although mainly marines and renegades I guess. Matter of time before they come back with either robot legs or hover skirts...

Some (but not all) of the rest of the bits, plus the two chassis!

There's plenty more to come from this commission, although I'm going to vary it as much as possible. Something about endless grey armour panels just doesn't excite me, exactly, you know? Something else coming next, maybe even something of my own!

3 comments:

  1. As impressed as I am, I was holding out for a Wave Serpent in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I've done some pretty substantial magnetizing projects, but never anything as comprehensive as this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrifyingly, I'm not even painting all the pieces for the project. There are even magnetised chapter icons to go on the sides!

      Delete