Sunday 5 May 2019

Woffboot XIII: Painting Elf


Image result for hobby dobby

I'm a very early riser. Getting up a couple of hours before the other 'Booters gave me free time to fill. Some of that went on poring over army books, some of it went on eating breakfast (in that order, too) and the rest went on painting miniatures furtively like a Hobby Dobby. Here are the results!



This Bloodthirster was undercoated and recruited for the big Saturday game. But I'm too much of a paint snob to let a basecoated model pass muster, so I slapped basic colours and washes on in time for play. 
And because I can't let an unfinished model go, I came back to it two days later and finished it off. Here it is in stylish 2 tones...
...and here's the finished daemon.
Kas had ordered a couple of T'au in specially for the 'Boot, but they weren't painted when they arrived for some reason. Here's the Drone Marksman guy...
And here's the Darkstrider bloke, who was a particularly vicious and integral part of the T'au infantry castle. 
I didn't come all the way from Sweden to let my tiny painted soldiers clash over unpainted objectives! The Genestealer (who was already done) got painted into his plastic sarcophagus, but the superglue frosted the inside of the glass. To make this look less like a mistake, I put some snow-effect paint on the outside. 
The autodoc was also predone, but the other two were quick and satisfying pieces to do. 

And I like to get a full army shot of all the Crypt Angels when I can! Here they are, now bolstered by their Primaris recruits. 



3 comments:

  1. Seeing how you achieve that level of speed and quality in real-time was ridonkulous.

    Kasfunatu's going to regret giving you that sock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only ever really go that fast on base colours, washes and showing off. Everything else is much slower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent progress! Bummer about the frosting on the stasis pod (I honestly usually just go with PVA on parts like that, and this particular one actually pressure-fits just fine), but in this case, I guess you could just say it's a cryogenic stasis pod!

    ReplyDelete