Friday 22 December 2023

Kyria Eleison

 


Hot from her first battlefield appearance - it's Lord Inquisitor Kyria Draxus!

This was an unexpected bonus model that Pootle sent me. Very generous, and very welcome! I haven't painted an Inquisitor in years, and the old lead range from the early noughties were some of my very favourites. 


This Xeno-hunter is a great addition to my collection. She's got an Eldar shuriken catapult with a seal of approval, a baby alien hawk on one shoulder and the skull of its mum on the other. Also, a proper thousand-yard stare and a terrifying chrome-dome. Bad ass. 


Pretty good in game too, on paper. I read on someone else's website that her gun is rated higher than any of the shuriken launchers the Eldar carry these days, which is one in the eye for the pointy ears and no mistake. Just the way she wants it. 


While I was at it, I also ticked a long-standing box by sorting out a Rhino for the Sisters of Silence in my Adeptus Custodes army. 


This is the 30K box set, mostly because it's cheaper. It's also better looking, I reckon, not least because it's closer to the grognard original! Three in a box back in those days, and you got change for a poke of chips to eat on the Omnibus after. 


The doors have what the web assures me is the Sisters of Silence logo, a creepy looking head with a third eye. The seam along the side doors splits it pretty badly, but I reckon I can still make it out from a distance. Yes, I painted the inside. I'm not an animal. 


The doors and pintles are all left unglued, so I can swap turret options, but I also left the top hatch unglued, mostly so I can pose for the inevitable drive-by. 


Back to the Hive Fleet next, I want to clear the decks by New Year's.

And as for the battlefield appearance mentioned earlier - watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work on the Inquisitor - and I'm sold on the old school Rhino too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that’s really nice. I think painting inside a vehicle is lunacy - but it is great to see your inquisitor zooming around in the rhino.

    ReplyDelete