Monday 6 September 2021

Sick and Twisted


Still more Deep Madness beings. 

Getting near the end, actually, there's only a few weeks' worth of batches left if I maintain this rate. I've actually finished a couple of the expansion boxes already, so this week I thought I'd try and get some of the core models done. 


These creatures are called Agony, horrible scuttling things apparently based on a severed torso. They'd be right at home bursting out of researchers in an isolated Arctic base, if they weren't doing more or less the same under the sea. There should be eight, but one had been incorporated into Ripper Swarm bases last year. 


These next things are called Putrid. Great sculpt, this, really revolting. I painted them to look like the Spanish Slug, an imported pest here in Sweden where they're called Murder Slugs. Seemed about right, that. Researching slug colours, I discovered that when slugs mate, they extrude their genitals before rubbing them over one another, the dirty frotters. Their genitals are a pale creamy colour, so these are indeed a trio of flasher slugs. You're welcome, molluscophiles. 


Two heroes, of course. Don't like either of these sculpts, they're a mother and daughter team. Meredith Waite is the mother in the long coat, CEO of the company running the undersea base apparently. The model is a bit flat and featureless, especially in the face, and too small for my clumsy hands to do justice to. If she was about the size of a Warhammer model I'd have been okay (wonder why), but these guys are more like 25mm truescale. 

That absolutely is a dagger you see before you.

Her daughter, Regan, is a cultist but also a good guy. Here, my beef is with the pose, which whilst it fits with the game's overall tone and fluff, seems a bit over sexualised to me. Again, I really struggled with the face, so she's ended up looking like that knife has already done some work!


More to come...

2 comments:

  1. Those gribblies are horrible! Love that you've done detailed research into slug genitals to help the painting scheme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assure you, there is a perfectly good reason for my browser history, your honour.

      Delete