Wednesday 2 June 2021

Obliterate In the Name of Science

Superhero landing!

Obliterator conversion for Creations of Bile army, part of the DZTV Hobbypocalypse challenge

I added some Obliterators to my Creations of Bile.

These big shooty boys don't exactly fit into my melee-orientated Creations of Bile army (although their punchy fists are pretty tasty), but there's some very sound reasoning for including them:
  1. They were included in the box
  2. Like Possessed and Warp Talons, they're Daemonic Astartes infantry, and I'm trying to be completionist here.
Oh, and something tactical about having ranged firepower to knock out threats to your advancing melee troops yada yada.

Obliterator conversion for Creations of Bile army, part of the DZTV Hobbypocalypse challenge

Since I've already painted up some Obliterators (and converted some other non-Obliterators), I wanted something different for these monopose boys. 

The first one got converted into a traditional three-point superhero landing pose. This essentially involved building the model, then hacking it up, then rebuilding it into the desired position (with lots of greenstuff!). I also swapped in a Terminator Lord head, since it was the only way for the model to look up dynamically (and not look on the ground, like he's lost a contact lens).

Obliterator conversion for Creations of Bile army, part of the DZTV Hobbypocalypse challenge

The second Obliterator was leaning more into the daemonic theme (and Slaanesh seemed a good option), so I used the head of a Steed (and replaced one of the fists with its tail for a tickling stick).

As this is for the Hobbypocalypse challenge, I also had him treading on a Termagant of Hive Fleet Bathsheba, which is being created by one of my fellow horsemen, Brapscallion (nice colours to that Hive Fleet too)

Same colour scheme as the rest of the army, although it took me much longer than expected (previous Obliterators were knocked out in no time). I guess the pale armour and pale flesh just needed more time to layer on.

  • Armour: Black primer, Wraithbone primer, Seraphim Sepia wash, Bleached Bone drybrush
  • Gold: Retributor Armour base, Agrax Earthshade wash, Golden Griffin drybrush
  • Flesh: Bugman's Flesh, Reikland Fleshshade, Kislev Flesh layers, thinned-wash of Druchii Violet
  • Red claws: Khorne Red base, Nuln Oil wash


Obliterator conversions for Creations of Bile army, part of the DZTV Hobbypocalypse challenge

And the heavies are done. Technically, Fabius Bile is able to buff them too (and I'd only lose an entire model on the roll of a 1 - how could I resist the gamble?)

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Even if you had to murder a poor, innocent termagant in the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just rehearsing their ventriloquism act. It's tough in show business.

      Delete
  2. The Slaanesh one is great and worth plenty of praise, but I just love the superhero-landing one: really nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! - I'd like to add a third, but I've no idea how to top it!

      Delete