Tuesday 4 May 2021

We Are Warp Talons

 Eyes to the skies - here comes the Hobbypocalypse!

Warp Talons with Puppetswar heads, for Creations of Bile army

Month 3 is taking wing!

I'm continuing the daemonic astartes theme for my Creations of Bile, and so the Fast Attack slot is getting filled out with some Warp Talons.

Warp Talons with Puppetswar heads, for Creations of Bile army

I'm not using the actual kit, since I've done that already for my Host Raptorial and I've also used the wings you get in the Possessed kit, so I was up for a change from that too.

Step forward: Kromlech!

Warp Talons with Puppetswar heads, for Creations of Bile army

For a decent price, you can pick up a pack of five winged backpacks - they glue together with alarmingly thin strips of resin, but so far, so stable.

Since I was using the new Chaos Space Marine bodies for my beefier Possessed units, it meant that I had the actual Possessed bodies going spare, so I could build these Warp Talons essentially from spare parts.

Warp Talons with Puppetswar heads, for Creations of Bile army

And the third-part bits don't stop there. To make sure their heads were suitably daemonic, I went back to my favourite supplier of strange heads, Puppetswar, and got some Spider-Man Vemon heads.

Warp Talons with Puppetswar heads, for Creations of Bile army
Thwip!

These came out great when painted in flesh tones. And I was pleasantly surprised with the Possessed bodies too. I'd rejected them as being too small for Possessed (I still think they are), but they have a dynamism that is perfect for flying troops - especially when I mounted them all on bits of tree bark to add some extra height.

Warp Talons with Puppetswar heads, for Creations of Bile army

They have the same colour scheme as my other Possessed and Chaos Space Marines, with some extra leathery-effect on the wings.
  • Armour: Black primer, Wraithbone primer, Seraphim Sepia wash, Bleached Bone drybrush
  • Gold: Retributor Armour base, Agrax Earthshade wash, Golden Griffin drybrush
  • Flesh: Bugman's Flesh, Reikland Fleshshade, Kislev Flesh layers
  • Red claws: Khorne Red base, Nuln Oil wash
  • Wings: Bugman's Flesh, Agrax Earthshade wash, Eldar Flesh drybrush


And there we have it, a pretty cheap and easy unit to put together - should I get any more Possessed bodies, I'll certainly grab some more Kromlech. And with the combined buffs from Creations of Bile and my Possessed characters, I think we may have something to play with.

The second half of Month 3 coming up! (spoiler alert: someone's getting eaten)

6 comments:

  1. That's a great look, very feral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers - I have a good feeling about Warp Talons in a CoB list.

      Delete
  2. Love the combo of parts from different places - they really fit together well and altogether give a very different look and feel to normal Talons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not buying any new models has forced me to become a bit more inventive!

      Delete
  3. I think the wings are my favourite part. A very leathery feel to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they came out well. One of those 'happy accidents' while painting.

      Delete