Monday 15 February 2021

INT: Underpass

 


Still trekking through the Hive here.



Two more tiles, both based on chopped up Mortalis tiles. A bit less inventive this time, too, these are almost all made from the plastic terrain in Dark Uprising. 

No bad thing; it's splendid stuff, being detailed, modular and fairly easy to paint well. As before, I'm using various washes and drybrushes over a few different spray basecoats (black, brown and silver from various angles) before picking out details afterwards. 





The first one is an L-shaped tile featuring a bulkhead on one side and a length of pipeline on the other. The door from a few posts back goes in the slot here. The only real addition is printed posters, taken from the Yaktribe collections - brilliant stuff, whoever did these has some great designs! Very easy to do, just printed, cut out and glued on wherever I can fit them. The real danger is getting carried away and adding too many. Search for Necromunda Posters PDF and you'll find them easily enough.





The second tile has been cut in half and built up, using spare sections from the Tectonic Fragdrill kit (í.e. Sector Mechanicus walkways). There's also a couple of bits cut out from the Dark Uprising sprues. These have lots of great crossed girder designs just the same height as the bulkheads (with a bit of trimming), and they're great to pad out the kit. I've got a stash of them ready to make barricades, platforms and hoardings with. 


The junk on the floor is made from random bits box scrapings and urban debris brought home by my kids. They both know I use odds and ends for modelling, and are pretty good at finding rubbish I can use! They've both just raided my collection for their own ends, though, so it all balances out. 


A dangling blanket made from babywipes and PVA, then the staircase is left open ended for modularity later. Lots more posters, especially round the underpass itself, which is my favourite bit on here. 


This tile has a pillar that the lift I did the other week slots on to. It doesn't go all the way up or all the way down, which seems appropriate for a knackered-out bit of Hive kit. 


This is some scatter terrain made from the casing from a broken kitchen timer and the plastic turn marker coin from Dark Uprising. The other side features the spiderweb/skull emblem of Necromunda, but I've already got one from the original box, so I filed this one down and glue gunned it together. The visible side is supposed to be hammered metal, I think, but makes for a very nice pool of seething goop when painted appropriately. 





Having done nearly half of the available kit, I reckoned it was time for some vanity shots, so I posed it with a backdrop of the TTCombat MDF stuff I've got. More to come, but I'm very pleased with how it's turning out so far!






2 comments:

  1. These are SO COOL! They'd look great at full size, but knowing they're scaled down is awesome!

    ReplyDelete