Wednesday 3 February 2021

EXT: Ammo Shrine

 


Another Necromunda tile done!


This is another hodge-podge of bits and pieces, but as they're all pre-made bits from scenery kits, I can't take nearly so much credit for this. It's mostly deco from the Archon Dungeons and Lasers kits, which has some fantastic parts in. The pillars and gargoyles are from the earlier Ramparts stuff, the one where I got my aztec temple bits, and there's a lone Necromundan ammo crate in there too. 



The paint came out well - I'm getting the hang of the rust pigments over time, and I'm aiming to get the tiles as close as I can to the original Necromunda board tiles. The rest is hastily done washes and drybrushes, with details like lights and panels picked out with a bit more care. 




Is it a shrine where gangers leave tribute to some technoarcane presence? Or an armoury room guarded by all sorts of poorly-understood security systems? Not sure that I really decided, but either works fine. Should make for a good objective, either way!


Having finished that tile, I had a couple of hours free the other night and decided to set myself a speed painting challenge. These two were already basecoated, but I had no ideas how to paint them other than 'not the standard blue and gold'. Came out well for an hour each.



I asked for suggestions and Stylus gave me 'white and teal, possibly because he's a sadist? Or because he's got good taste, it's a very nice scheme and has given me ideas for something else down the line. Not more of these! Fun to paint, and lovely models, but I'm not that taken with AoS generally. Some of the models are great, particularly the new Chaos Warriors, but I'm a long way off going down that route again. Even the resurrection of the Old World doesn't really have me excited. Still, never say never!



No comments:

Post a Comment