Friday 10 January 2020

Poxy Music: the rest of the Second Law warband

I bought the Start Collecting Nurgle Daemons set shortly after playing Kraken on Skype last summer, but I've not got round to painting them apart from this Poxbringer however, who I've used a couple of times to lead an Outrider detachment of Furies. His skin is Zandri Dust with washes of Nuln Oil, Agrax Earthshade and Seraphim Sepia (because that works so well on my Plague Marines). Horns, claws and innards are Rakarth Flesh with the same washes (the insides then get Carroburg Crimson). I then dabbed on small amounts of Red Ink to show open wounds.



I've got a set of the new GW Furies, mixing up a couple of the poses. I really rate Furies in my army. Their 12" move means they can keep up with a flying Daemon Prince and screen him from interference, and Nurgle alignment gives them Disgusting Resilience on top of a daemonic save so they can hang around a bit, though their poor leadership means they're likely to run off quickly. But at 35 points for a unit of five it doesn't really matter.



I decided to stick with "traditional" black skin rather than trying to make them look too Nurgly, partly because I may end up using them with other alignments but mainly because I wanted a quick scheme and base coating them black before highlighting up with Stormvermin Fur and Skavenblight Dinge then a tiny amount of Administratum Grey was pretty easy. The horns and claws are Rakarth Flesh and the wings are Zandri Dust, again all washed with Nuln Oil, Agrax Earthshade and Seraphim Sepia.

Before Warcry came out with the new GW Furies I bought a batch of the below to proxy as Furies and they work pretty well. They're Legion of Everblight Grotesque Raiders/Banshees. I'm not sure why they're all wearing gloves, but never mind - they were a cost effective and different way to expand the list of Furies. I'm planning to paint the final five up in more Nurgly decaying colours.




I bought too many copies of the Warhammer Conquest issue with Cultists in, despite having perfectly acceptable (to me, if not Kraken and Kasfunatu) proxies in a gang of Orlocks from 90s Necromunda. I've made a few weapon swaps and added in a couple of Necromunda Scavvies and an Orlock Heavy (giving his Heavy Stubber to one of the plastic models) to complete the squad.



No Death Guard army would be complete without some Poxwalkers. These are the easy-to-build ones I got from Warhammer Conquest:

There's some Bilious Green in there again!


...and these are from Dark Imperium:




No comments:

Post a Comment