Thursday 16 January 2020

New Year's Devolution


More leftovers finished off from Christmas.




Deep Madness really ought to be on my list of things to do this year. Playing it, for a start. Honestly, though, I'm just not feeling it, and there's so much else to paint first! All the same, I managed to finish off a pair of the larger creatures by doing them in drips and drabs over the last three months.



The spindly one is called Mutilation, a charming piece by any account. It's like the other devils from the Bosch paintings got scared and ran away from it, when all it wanted to do was just play.



This one is Unbound, bit of a John Carpenter vibe going. I like that it's several people being melded into one, although I'm not quite sure if they got the scale right. They're much bigger than the other sculpts for the game, bit big even for GW heroic. Who cares, though, it's probably a side-effect of the Flesh Change.


These are most likely to turn up in a 40K game at some point, possibly as Chaos Spawn for the Alpha Legion (hence the bases). It's not like I don't have plenty languishing about from my old Warriors of Chaos army, but as Stylus recently showed, you can't have too many!

6 comments:

  1. They are lovely/disgusting! I like the blue effect on the third one too - how did you do that?

    As I scrolled down to the pic of the Unbound my first reaction before reading text was that it was quite "The Thing"-like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember how I did the blue, that was from last year sometime. Probably on the blog somewhere!

      Delete
    2. https://woffboot.blogspot.com/2018/10/wobbly-bits.html

      Delete