Sunday 16 June 2019

Edge Highlights


I'm still working on the Darkness faction from The Edge as I carry on with my various commissions.




These five got finished last week. The first three are things called Imposters. You kind of get the idea - a trio of evil snake things have infested a body and are doing a Weekend at Bernie's with it. Gotta say, though, it's not a great impersonation of a human. Bit snakey, perhaps. They'd also be great Alpha Legion Cheerleaders, if that chapter ever takes up Bloodbowl.

Since looking them up and seeing the concept art, I also realise I need to go back and paint their modesty rags in - they're supposed to have their breasts covered. My eyes must be getting old, I didn't spot this while painting them.


These other things are a better model, a Nightwatcher I think? Some sort of undead mutant bone thing, attractively unpleasant looking.


Four more small grunts to go with this box, then two very nice larger models as a treat!


4 comments:

  1. Such disturbing models. Love them.

    That hex base idea seems really neat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really impressed by the way they did larger creatures on the hexes when I saw the first one he posted. It's a very cool idea.

      Delete
  2. Might try and convince Kas to try the game out sometime, I hear good things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Imposters sort of remind me of some versions of the Sororitas Penitent Engines, and various third-party Models clearly (tho implicitly) intended to be used as those. Also a bit of the Thin Men from X-Com, tho they go about their infiltration differently.

    They could also work as cheerleaders if you did up a team from the snek cult faction that was previewed for WarCry.

    Not a whole lot specific to say about the Nightwatcher. Cool and creepy.

    ReplyDelete