Tuesday 11 September 2018

Get Up and Golem


Just a quick one! I was slowed down this week by a nasty cold.



Not stopped, of course, my hands are still functional. Therefore I must paint, and with my implacable determination driving me, I did a trio of appropriate models.


All golems, all the time, just like the failed club I ran in Soho for a while. Of the three, this gold and black number is my least favourite. Actually, it's another of the rare models in Massive Darkness I'm not really sold on. It's a bit busy for its size, which is more or less the same as the heroes. The mace is a bit crooked even after hot water, and I'm not convinced that the bone spikes help the model. Baroque armour in gold is a bit of a go-to with me, but it gives it a little glamour and menace I hope.


The Iron Giant Golem is much better, a nice pulpy sci-fi robot looking thing. Easy to paint, too, just plain old silver metal with some grime, and a flash of flare round the eyes and chest.


My favourite this week is the Flesh Golem, though. Filthy with detail, but not too taxing to pick out. The flesh is all done with washes and drybrushes, then some streaks of BftBG to pick it out. Gross!


No comments:

Post a Comment