Tuesday 25 September 2018

Banner Headline



Time the Hagan Lampreys had something to muster under.



Without the will or the wallet to buy any more boxes of Scions, I needed to get fairly creative with my spare parts to make a flag waver for the troops.

Five sets of the Stormtroopers leaves you with a hell of a lot of spare parts. Guns, canteens, knives, heads, you name it. Plus flags! Five spare flags, as I hadn't stuck one together. Thing is, I didn't really like the Scion flag. It's got SCIONS stamped all over it in big letters, for one, and I think that's a bit naff.

The other thing it's lacking, of course, is spare torsos and legs. Oh GW, you parsimonious bastards.


Not a single appropriate trunk could I locate in my bits box. Luckily, the other thing you have lots of spares of is the lovely big greatcoat for the Tempestus Prime. One of those, plus the legs of an unfortunate original womble marine, plus a lot of spare ammo packs (I'm currently out of green stuff), and I had a reasonable approximation of a Tempestus bannerman.


The actual flag was a donation from Stylus from his (sadly neglected) Guard buy-up. It's a bit simpler than the one on the sprue, so I could go for something a bit more custom in the painting. Although in the end, I kept it simple, just a tiny bit of freehand lettering. No fancy stormtroopers for me.


Barring some kind of cash explosion, that's my Tempestus Scion army done! Together with my Inquisitors, they're a reasonable force with some nice options. I'm still hoping Inquisitors will get a proper list, Imperial Agents or the like, but something tells me GW are sweeping them under the carpet. Even the arrival of the Rogue Trader games isn't filling me with anticipation, but you never know. They work pretty well as they are, in all honesty, and they're a nice niche army to have under my belt!

3 comments:

  1. I have not neglected my Guard! They're just on manoeuvres* at the moment!

    *sprue, they're on the sprue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep behind enemy lines on deniable missions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've been denied paint and glue, that's for sure.

      Delete