Thursday 15 June 2023

Vexbane's Venators


 There's a break in all the scenery! 

Time for a quick warband. These were Hexbane's Hunters, and like a lot of others out there I saw the wide-brimmed hat on the leader and immediately thought 'Inquisitor'. A few weapon and head swaps later, here's my take on them. 

Quiet Pock gets his crossbow grenade launcher swapped for a plasma gun. He's still carrying bolts in his quiver, which I guess are kind of like stick grenades now?

Hexbane himself gets a servo-skull, chainsword and grenade launcher. I kept his nice flaming torch, though, he's grilling his leg on it. 

Brydget Axwold has gone Tempestus, plus an Enforcer shock baton and Delaque flechette pistol.

Aemon Dunharrow has swapped his axe for a power hammer and then joined the guard

I got a bit more creative with the dogs. This poor bowser had his head removed (I've never felt so bad clipping a model, they're adorable sculpts), then replaced with a Corpse Grinder head and chunky collar, then some green stuff for robo-parts over the back. 

He is not a well-looking dog.
The other one got stuck inside the front plate of an old Dreadnought chestplate and then rather crudely decorated with extra weapons and lights. 

Labradon the BestBoyler

They're decent acolytes for any Inquisitor, but could also make a go of it as a Venator team in Necromunda (customisable bounty hunters). As it turns out, there's an actual Inquisitor on its way, courtesy of Pootle, to lead them. Watch this space!




1 comment:

  1. I love the dogs in particular and Labradon is amazing...now I want to make some kind of cosplay for my lab

    ReplyDelete