Friday 23 June 2023

Biggature


 The least small small dude I have.


This Tarrasque is from Dungeons and Lasers, a huge free add-on to the terrain haul. He's virtually terrain himself, really, he towers over everything else I have. Painting him was ridiculous, I had to cradle him under one arm like a newborn in order to reach the face. 

What's a Tarrasque, you ask? Well, it's a DnD monster based on a medieval French legend. One of the original end-of-campaign creatures you might face, a regenerating, magic-immune combat brick that tells you just how sick of your OP bullshit the GM has become. 


This colour scheme is what my kids decided on. They were originally going to paint it themselves, then they argued over who was going to do it until it became a team effort, then it got abandoned half-way through and I got to finish it up. End of campaign nightmare indeed - it's too big to store easily, and has been annoying everyone in the house by cluttering up the shelves for about two months now, so I'm very glad to finally put it away! 


Not quite sure what to use it as. If I'd had free reign on colours, it would quite probably have ended up in Afanc greens and been proxied as a Heirodule (even maybe a Heirophant, it's nearly big enough). This is still an option, of course, but I'd have to repaint all the other Tyranids in purple, red and gold, and even I have limits to what my OCD will drive me to. 

"It's going to take more than a hammer, Brian."
"Not if I hit it in the right place..."

Leviathan is on its way, but I still have a week or two to fit in one more project before it lands. The Land of the Giants is calling me...

Posing out on the balcony in the sun. Not an easy model to photograph! It's too big, I can't get a good balance of light or focus. Problems for another time, though.

3 comments:

  1. That is a top model and much clearer here than over the grainy webcam on Wednesday! Whilst I did say that I miss our roleplaying days, seeing this does make me pleased that they're in the past (I remember losing one PC to a GM-controlled dragon already)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would swear that you only lost that PC through your own noble and heroic choice, but then I would say that, wouldn't I!

      Delete
  2. This is a beast of a beast! Well done kraken!

    ReplyDelete